Today we started with the chemo doctor.
The following is the good news from the day:
1. The PET scan revealled this to be the only cancer Louis has. Nowhere else.
2. The Chemo can start tomorrow.
3. Within 1 treatment or so, the mass will reduce to a point where he can begin to eat real food again.
4. The drug regime he will be on, is well tolerated and he will have minimal side effects they believe.
5. The blood counts going in are very normal.
The following is the bad news from the day:
1. The Cowboys will not be in the playoffs. (Yeah we knew that a couple of days ago)
2. Thats it. No other bad news.
Chemo in the morning, I will update you all on how he does. But there is no need really. Would anyone that knows Louis for a few years like to be his cancer right now? I would not. It is about to have its butt kicked by one of the toughest people I know.
There will be 6 weeks or so of the Chemo, a week or so off, then to Radiation. By then the Big Dog will most certainly be chewing through his leash.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HI LOUIS,
ReplyDeleteGET WELL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO YOU AND YOUR WIFE [GLORIA}CAN COME AND VISIT US , HERE AT SANTA FE SPRINGS IN L.A. CA.
THE GANG WHO CARE VERY MUCH,
RUDY AND THE CHIP MONKS.
J.T. CHAPMAN.
Sincerely,
Neil Parmar
JT Chapman Company
PO Box 151263
Los Angeles, California 90015
(T) 714-776-1992
(E) NParmar@JTChapman.com
(F) 714-776-3524
Louis- I just got in the loop as far as what you are going through. Sorry to hear about this, but as long as I've known you ,I know how strong you are. You will come out of this fine. You and Gloria are in our prayers. See you on Kauai.
ReplyDeletetreecloud@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.