Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A little Bloghousekeeping

First let me say L & G love the comments. The number and diversity of the people leaving comments, and sending good wishes is remarkable, and fun.

On the housekeeping side, some of the posts are formatting badly; so try to leave any comments you have as a comment, instead of as a post. it will be more readable for the rest of the folks. I will keep fixing those that need it, but comments are the better way if you can.

Speaking of all of you folks, there are dozens of visits per day, this is great for the spirits of the Big Dog, and he is always amazed and finds it fun to see where people have visited from and knowing who it is by city. To see who has been visiting just click on the sitemeter icon. It will tell you where all of visits are coming from.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gloria and Louis,

    Well I just learned my first lesson about “blogging” as I wrote a nice long comment which I lost when I tried to correct a typo! I guess they are supposed to be “comments” and not epistles . . . and that’s the punishment. LOL

    Anyway . . . . now I’m creating this in Microsoft Word and will paste it into the “comment” box on the blog later.

    Barbara and I are in Kansas City for the day. We got in from our Christmas with family in Washington, D.C. last night, and Paul, our son who lives in Kansas City picked us up at the airport. We will head back to Springfield later today.

    We had a great Christmas and it was the first time we were all able to be together for a number of years, since we were teaching in China for 4 years. Two years ago we almost made it happen, and we did all get together, but Kirk was in Iraq so he couldn’t be there. Still it was a wonderful time with family.

    I fell in love with the Nintendo Wii last year when Hannah (our 12 year old granddaughter) got one for Christmas. I’ve been wanting one, but Barbara didn’t think we had a place to use it . . . . . well, bless her heart she and the kids got together and gave me that AND the Wii Fit (do they think I’m fat???) for Christmas.

    My other toy . . . sort of a pre-Christmas present to myself was an iPhone. I love that thing! Barbara (and probably Louis) would hate it. Barbara likes the basics . . . . nothing else . . . when it comes to electronic gadgets . . . especially phones. Sort of the “I just want to make a call!” syndrome.

    Well this is probably much too long to be legitimately called a “comment”, but I’ll try to do better in the future. 

    We think about you two every day, and pray that the treatment regimen will be effective and not too uncomfortable.

    Would love to see you guys again . . . . maybe we will in a few months.

    Love,
    Gary

    ReplyDelete